Building Security Services (BSS) provides trained and skilled Fire Safety Directors (FSDs) for specific facilities. All BSS FSDs:
- Implement the building’s fire safety plan
- Report to and supervise the Fire Command Station
- Serve as liaison’s to the fire department during operations
- Notify building occupants of fire
- Direct evacuation during fire or emergency
- Provide information to help fire department
- Supervise and train the fire brigade, floor wardens, deputy floor wardens and building evacuation supervisors
- Maintain records as required by law
- Perform inspections
- Conduct, supervise and evaluate all fire drills
- Coordinate, administer and implement comprehensive training programs in occupational, industrial and environmental safety
- Respond to reported accidents to evaluate current best practices and recommend changes where necessary
Contact us today for a proposal on a Fire Safety Director for your company.
What You Should Know About Fire Safety Directors
If you are like most people, you probably wondered to yourself what Fire Safety Directors in NYC and NJ do.
Well, we are here to tell you that Fire Safety Directors basically make sure that the building they are managing complies with fire safety requirements and that the building is safe from fire at all times.
But things can and do happen and you can’t help sometimes for a fire to break, in which case FSD’s need to make sure that the people in the building are rushed out and that the fire is put out even before it spreads.
Not all people can become a Fire Safety Director for our company. You have to have a license by passing an exam and you’ll also need to have experience in fire safety.
In other words, it would help if you have an experience as a fireman. Aside from a license in fire safety, you are also required to have a license as a security guard.
Here at Building Security Services, we know what the requirements are to meet the needs of your building. We also require that all FSD’s we employ have experience on the job or at the very least familiarity with building safety codes and fire safety protocol.