Access control systems restrict who may enter a facility in specified areas. Entry can be determined by person, day of the week, and/or time of day.
Building Security Systems (BSS) designs and installs quality, facility-specific work that secures property entry and complements existing infrastructure.
Upon request, BSS analysts can provide policy recommendations for lobby site visitor administration as well.
System options include:
- Proximity readers (card accessibility systems)
- Biometric devices
Advantages of access control systems over lock-and-key security
- Access command enables administrators to control when doors can be opened and by whom. With keys, access is all or nothing. If a worker has a key, he or she can enter any time of day or night
- With card access, the system can disable a card when a card is lost or an individual no longer has entry privileges. If a key is lost or a staff member leaves, facility safety is compromised unless every lock is re-keyed
- Cards cannot be replicated. Keys can be duplicated, and there is no way to track who has a key
- Accessibility control systems develop an in-depth audit trail so administrators can understand precisely whose card opened up a doorway and when. Workers understand this, which discourages inappropriate behavior. Keys are anonymous.
- With accessibility command, one card opens every doorway the worker is enabled to open up. There’s no requirement for different keys for every lock (no more “large ring of keys”)
Access Control Services for Added Security
Both employers and employees appreciate having a controlled door access system. This system is easy to use and involves either entering a code to get into your building or swiping a card. Even customers and clients will appreciate entering a building where there are access control systems installed.
The peace of mind that access control services can bring is incredibly valuable. Additionally, today’s computerized systems are capable of protecting privacy.
There are more and more laws being issued all the time regarding businesses and their responsibility towards other people’s privacy.
There are many components of these systems and each of them can be laid out and installed perfectly to work just the way your employees do.
They will appreciate the extra layer of protection provided to them on a daily basis while on the job. In the event of a security breach, your system will alert authorities and get the situation under control.
While each building will have different needs, the main part of the system is the access control panel. This unit will get information from electrified door locks, keypads and card readers and permit entry only when it is authorized. You might also get a cloud-based component to make controlling and monitoring the entire system as easy as it can be.
You can also expect to have your security service install card readers and provide your firm with employee cards for authorized entry. Systems can also be outfitted with sensors that allow exiting from the building when they detect a person standing beneath them.
If you are ready to get an access control services in place you will want to work with a company that is a leader in this industry. They should have the proven experience to customize a whole system for you and install it.