No matter how intricate or sophisticated the threat to your business, Building Security Systems (BSS) can develop a customized, cutting-edge intrusion-detection system to meet specific needs, employing:
- Leading brand-name manufacturers
- Highly trained technicians available 24/7/365
- Dedicated information technology staff through sister company HotHeadTech.Com
- Expertise to integrate alarm and detection systems with other systems for maximum safety and security
- Trusted, long-term relationships only found in family-owned companies
Request Information >>
Add Value To Your System With:
- Motion detection—Detects the slightest movements either inside or outside of a facility. Can be integrated with a video surveillance system so cameras will automatically record the event and time stamp the video
- Perimeter protection—Intrusion detection systems with perimeter protection may begin at a facility entrance, gate, parking lot or all of the above
- Glass-break detection—Offices typically set alarms at facility entrances and exits, with no detection if an intruder breaks a window to gain entry. Glass-break detection spots intruders before they gain entry into a facility
- Multi-area arming—Multi-area arming safeguards individual points or multiple areas of concern in a facility. It can arm the first floor of a facility or an entire warehouse—wherever extra security is needed. Multi-area arming is ideal for limited access areas or after-hours safeguarding
- Wireless intrusion-detection systems—Wireless detection systems feature alarm confirmation, custom-touchpad and central control, multi-zones to accommodate business growth, employee-unique pass codes, real-time-clock time stamping, 24-hour zones and siren/battery backup power supplies
Request Information >>
Intrusion Detection Systems Are Important For Network Security
When it comes to system networks, there are all kinds of threats. That’s why many businesses and organizations take advantage of intrusion detection systems. They are very helpful in many different ways, but they can also be very complicated to understand. Do you have one of these systems in place?
When you’re talking computers, you may be thinking about a firewall. However, an intrusion detection system isn’t what a firewall is about. Think about what the word intrusion means. It means that someone has broken in, right? A firewall means you have a wall up. So, you might need that firewall, too, but these intrusion detection systems are important for a variety of other reasons.
When you’re looking at these different systems, you do want to know the differences. Some are much more involved than others, and there are also different types. Now, firewalls were mentioned, and we said they were different from these systems we’re talking about. However, there are also other more simple programs, like antivirus programs? Are these classified as IDS systems? Yes, they are.
Unfortunately, many businesses aren’t familiar with all of the threats out there, and so they may not have as advanced of an IDS as they need. If you’re not familiar with the standards these days for your industry and your individual business needs, you want want to speak with a computer security expert. It’s not just businesses that need these types of systems either.
You may not have the most involved IDS if you are talking about your own residential network, but you sure do have to keep computer security in mind. Stay protected, and be sure that you do what you need to do in order to keep your computer network safe from outside threats, especially as technology progresses.
Joseph Ferdinando is the founder of Building Security Services, a company that provides security solutions to businesses and organizations. He has more than 40 years of experience in the security industry, and he is a recognized expert in the field. Joseph is also a member of Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), where he's held position of Director on the Board of Directors in both the New York and new Jersey chapters.