Construction Security Services
The National Insurance Crime Bureau estimates that it cost up to $1 billion a year in commercial and heavy equipment theft, and the number only seems to increase. Law enforcement typically recovers less than a quarter of the items stolen.
When construction equipment and other items are stolen, it slows the construction project down and results in a loss of money.
This also affects insurance policies and can result in penalties. The site management is also responsible for any people who trespass into the construction zone.
However, unarmed construction security guards can help you feel at ease that your equipment and yard are safe from theft and other potential risks. It’s peace of mind for you, the employees, and the investors.
Construction Security Guard Services From BSS
How can our Building Security Services professionals help construction companies?
- Reduce Area Violations – Trespassers often make their way into construction sites for one reason or another. However, this can lead to toxin exposure, electrocution, and more. This can lead to injury or death if someone can get into the site.
- Equipment Theft – Although it would seem that heavy equipment could not be easily stolen, but the truth is, construction theft is quite common. However, less than a quarter of all stolen equipment is found and returned to its rightful owner. A delay in the learning of the theft, missing records on the equipment, and a lack of recollection of ID numbers can lead to hardships. A security guard can keep this from occurring.
- Illegal/Unauthorized Activity – A problem that many construction sites have is the illegal dumping of construction debris, which, if caught, can lead to EPA-related charges. However, the site owner will have to spend time and money to search for the offender and deal with the problem they left behind. A security guard can keep this from happening.
- Reduce Community Risks – Construction site violators can expose themselves, the construction employees, and the community to possible illnesses and death. No matter what the reason is for the act, our security guards will alert law enforcement or stop the act from happening.
Construction security guards must have both the physical and psychological stamina to do the job.
- Sitting through rigorous training
- Standing for long hours
They also need to go through OSHA training that helps them protect the health and safety of those in the workplace and area community. They also need to be licensed and qualified and go through the necessary training to be certified.
Building Security Services uses experienced security guards, veterans, and former law enforcement for their clients.
With a security guard on site all hours of the day and night, you can feel secure that your equipment is safe, and there are no construction-related accidents to the general public.
A security guard can help:
- Prevent crime, fraud, loitering, and theft
- Control homeless activity
- Continuous patrols
- Monitoring of employees and traffic
- 24-hour access/key control
- General safety watch
- Reports of daily activity and dangerous situations
Our Construction Security Guards Are Highly Trained
Our guards must remain alert and observational to help you find, reduce, and eliminate the risks to one’s health and safety.
Pre-work surveys are conducted to look for possible problems.
However, it’s inconceivable to find all risks such as exposure to asbestos, toxins, airborne filters, moving objects, unintended collapses, poorly lit areas, no beepers on moving vehicles and electrocution hazards without some outside help.
Since construction workers are faced with all levels of stress, it can cause both mental and physical overload.
We work to decrease the overload to reduce the risk of accidents occurred with mental burn-out and exhaustion.
Decrease Risks Associated with Construction Sites Security
You may do site surveys before the work starts to identify potential issues as well as conduct safety meetings or toolbox talks.
You may offer regular workday breaks and have your employees go through a physical and mental health evaluation to ensure their safety.
A security guard is still a necessary part of your construction site for a variety of reasons. Contact BSS today if you’re looking for construction security for your site – we’ll be glad to help.